The Foundation is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Public Appointment (Consumer Interests) on the Board of Governors. According to the Ministerial Regulations, the Foundation is seeking one person, who is not in the industry, who is appointed by the current members of the board then in office and is, in the opinion of those members, representative of the interests of real estate consumers. Preference will be given to a candidate who brings the following:
- Is energetic and acts as an ambassador for the Foundation by networking and creating awareness among community and industry stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Alberta, current issues and the ability to identify grant making and community investment opportunities.
- Holds respect for diverging viewpoints and is willing to contribute their personal leadership skills towards creating efficient and effective governance.
- An appetite for continuous learning and using that learning to benefit the Foundation and the community
- An independent thinker who bases their decision making on analysis of available information and their own experiences.
- Experience with financial management and investment responsibilities – current assets of the Foundation are around $15.7 million.
- The Governor is responsible for investing in community initiatives, conducting fiduciary matters as well as representing the Foundation at related events.
- The Governor must attend three board meetings per year.
- The term of the appointment is for three years and will commence immediately.
Please note that the Foundation is independent of organized real estate and licensing authorities. The position does not pay an honorarium, however all expenses and travel expenses are covered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, April 13th 2018
For more information, please view the complete description here or contact the Executive Director, Cheryl De Paoli, at 403.228.4786 or email@example.com (Indicate in the subject line: Board Public Appointment).