The Foundation is seeking a Public Appointment to join our Board of Governors for a two-year appointment starting this November 2021.
As described in the Alberta Real Estate Act Regulations, the Foundation’s volunteer Board of Governors is constituted by industry and public representation. The Foundation is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Public Appointment (Business).
The Foundation’s Governors are responsible for overseeing and delivering the Foundation’s mandate through a Strategic Plan and oversight of the organization. Governors are expected to attend three board meetings plus a strategic planning workshop each year; and to serve on at least one Committee (Finance, Engagement, or Governance).
Preference will be given to a candidate who brings the following:
- Business experience, ideally related to the real estate industry (residential, commercial, property and condo management, property finance/ mortgage)
- Understanding of Alberta real estate, land, built environment, business and economic issues
- Governance and Board experience with a non-profit, corporate or other organization
- Awareness of good grantmaking and community investment practices
- Is not a practising member of the real estate industry (i.e. does not hold a real estate licence)
The deadline to apply is updated from October 15, 2021 to November 5, 2021. Interested individuals are asked to submit a one-page cover letter and resume outlining their experience and interest. Please indicate Board Public Appointment in the subject line.
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity or to submit your application, please contact Patti Morris, Executive Director at email@example.com or 403 228 4786.
Updated October 14, 2021.