We are seeking a Communications Specialist who is inspired by our mission, demonstrates a high level of motivation, is willing to accept new challenges, and embraces the opportunity to be both strategic and tactical, with a well-rounded communication skillset. The Communications Specialist is accountable for the implementation of the communications and stakeholder engagement strategies for the organization and its stakeholders to build awareness of, and engagement with the Foundation. The position is part-time, 10-20 hours per week for an 8-month term, with the potential of renewal.
The Foundation is seeking support to execute on the following communications activities:
Create Content to Communicate Impact:
• Tell the story of the impact we help make in a way that resonates with our stakeholders
• Make the many resources we fund known and available to real estate professionals and consumers
Create Organizational Awareness:
• Share about the Foundation, our funding programs, and invitation to connect with our grantees, current and prospective, and real estate industry stakeholders
Support Organizational Operations:
• Work with the team to help deliver upcoming projects and events
• A communications degree or equivalency
• A proven ability to implement a communications plan, including measuring and monitoring results
• Ability to craft compelling written and visual content in support of key messages, strategic priorities, and objectives
• Ability to effectively prepare and distribute content to support and reach specific audiences
• An understanding of the real estate ecosystem
• Ability to work well as part of a small, interdependent team
• Ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level across communication mediums
• Ability to assist in the planning, execution, and hosting of key meetings and events
• Ability to attend events, as required, representing the Foundation
• Currently residing in Alberta
Skills & Competencies
• A connector: passionate about bringing people together to achieve extraordinary results
• Proven proactive planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and experience blended with ingenuity and creativity in a hands-on environment
• Demonstrated strategic communication skills, preferably in the grant making or nonprofit sector
• Exemplary internal and external oral and written communication skills with the ability to use knowledge, intuition and sensitivity when dealing with a broad range of stakeholder groups
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 360, Sanity, Canva, Buffer, CRM software and other supporting software
• Understanding of digital and social media tools, trends, channel use and their business application
• Understanding of website content management
The Alberta Real Estate Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants may submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations to Patti Morris, Executive Director at email@example.com with the Subject Line of: “Communications Specialist” by end of day February 22, 2024.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.