The Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA) is seeking a real estate industry member to sit as Governor on the Alberta Real Estate Foundation (AREF). The term of the appointment is 3 years commencing November 1, 2016 ending October 31, 2019.
AREF supports and originates initiatives that enhance the real estate industry and benefit the people of Alberta. The Real Estate Act states AREF’s purpose is to promote and undertake:
- the education of related professionals and the public in respect of the real estate industry
- law reform and research in respect of the real estate industry
- other projects and activities to advance and improve the real estate industry.
AREF’s Board of Governors is comprised of industry and public volunteers. The AREF’s Governors are responsible for fiduciary matters, investing in community initiatives, attending board meetings, and representing the Foundation at related events.
The Foundation is seeking a candidate who supports the mission, vision, and values of the organisation and embodies the following characteristics:
- is energetic and willing to be an ambassador for the Foundation to network and create awareness among community and industry stakeholders
- knowledge of Alberta, current issues and the ability to identify grant making and community investment opportunities
- solid analytical skills and an appetite for learning
- holds respect for diverging viewpoints and is willing to contribute their personal leadership skills towards creating efficient and effective governance
- set appropriate ends and monitor the achievement of those ends
- independent thinker who base their decision making on analysis of available information and their own experiences
- experience with financial management and investment responsibilities – current assets of the Foundation are around $14 million
- The Governors collectively make decisions about each project to create successful and meaningful results that benefit the people of Alberta.
If you are interested in applying to serve as an AREF Governor, please forward a letter of introduction and resume no later than September 19, 2016 to: Rina Hawkins, Executive Assistant Real Estate Council of Alberta Suite 350, Richard Road SW Calgary, Alberta T3E 6L1 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 403.228.3065
Note: RECA would like to thank all individuals who apply for this position. Please note an expression of interest does not guarantee an interview or committee position.