We are seeking a Community Investment Manager who is inspired by our mission, demonstrates a high level of motivation, is willing to accept new challenges, ideally brings a strong connection to rural and remote Alberta, has a background in community investment and outcome measurement and evaluation, and is a team player. The Community Investment and Evaluation Manager is accountable for the effective management of the planned, ongoing, and day-to-day community investment-related operations of the Foundation in a manner that advances the mandate and reflects the strategic funding priorities. They also bring a particular focus to the ongoing development of an effective evaluation system. The position is permanent part-time (20 – 25 hours/week).
• Supporting a successful ongoing and continuous grants application, approval, recognition and project evaluation process for diverse and continually evolving industry-related grants
• Providing oversight and leadership with respect to evaluation, outcome measures and impact/outcome reporting to ensure constant improvement and effective stakeholder reporting
• Increasing the positive profile of the Foundation, its purpose, community investment program and sponsorships, with a particular focus on rural Alberta
• Supports the Board Chair and the Executive Director as the Public Face of the Foundation
• Supports the Executive Director in the effective and ongoing day-to-day operations of the Foundation
• A Non-Profit Leadership, Business degree, or equivalency
• Experience in effectively managing consultants
• A track record of building and managing successful relationships with external stakeholders, particularly across rural Alberta
• An understanding of the real estate industry
• Ability to work well as part of a small, interdependent team
Skills & Competencies
• Significant proven proactive planning, organizing and prioritizing skills and experience blended with ingenuity and creativity in a hands-on environment
• A basic understanding of research methodologies in order to evaluate research proposals or to commission research being proposed by the Foundation
• Exemplary internal and external oral and written communication skills with the ability to use knowledge, intuition and sensitivity when dealing with a broad cross-section of stakeholder groups
• Comfort with technology and remote work environment
• Proficient in Microsoft, WordPress, social media and has a familiarity with databases, like Salesforce or Apply
The Alberta Real Estate Foundation offers a competitive compensation package. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations to Patti Morris at email@example.com with the Subject Line of: “Community Investment Manager” by end of day on Friday, February 25, 2022.
This position is virtual and can be based anywhere in Alberta.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants being interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
*Please note we updated our application deadline from Friday, January 28 to Friday, February 25, 2022.