The Foundation is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Public Appointment on the Board of Governors.
As a Governor you will:
- Participate in three meetings a year;
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Foundation;
- Decide upon community investment grant funding;
- Contribute to a dynamic learning board and organization;
- Develop and grow your skills and provide leadership to projects in Alberta.
According to the Ministerial Regulations, the Foundation is seeking one person, who is not in the industry, who is appointed by the current members of the board then in office and who, in the opinion of those members, possesses special skills or experience to assist the board in carrying out the Foundation’s purposes.
Preference will be given to a candidate who brings the following:
- Is energetic and willing to be an ambassador for the Foundation to network and create awareness among community and industry stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Alberta, current issues and the ability to identify grant making and community investment opportunities.
- Holds respect for diverging viewpoints and is willing to contribute their personal leadership skills towards creating efficient and effective governance.
- An appetite for learning and able to set appropriate ends and monitor the achievement of those ends.
- An independent thinker who bases their decision making on analysis of available information and their own experiences.
- Experience with financial management and investment responsibilities – current assets of the Foundation are around $15 million.
For more information, please view the complete description here or contact the Executive Director, Cheryl De Paoli, at 403.228.4786 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Indicate in the subject line: Board Public Appointment).
All applications are due by October 31st, 2016.