The Foundation is seeking a candidate to fill the position of Public Appointment (Business) on the Board of Governors.
As a Governor you will:
- – Participate in three meetings a year;
- – Contribute to the strategic direction of the Foundation;
- – Decide upon community investment grant funding;
- – Contribute to a dynamic learning board and organization;
- – Develop and grow your skills and provide leadership to projects in Alberta.
According to the Ministerial Regulations, the Foundation is seeking one person, who is not in the industry, who is appointed by the current members of the board then in office and is, in the opinion of those members, representative of Alberta businesses.
Preference will be given to a candidate who brings the following:
- Understanding of Alberta’s economy, housing choices, industry and community innovation.
- Governance and previous Board experience including financial and investment responsibilities.
- Awareness of good grantmaking and community investment practices.
- Is not a practising member of the real estate industry (does not hold a real estate licence).
For more information, please view the complete description here or contact Executive Director, Cheryl De Paoli, at 403.228.4786 or email@example.com (Indicate in the subject line: Board Public Appointment).
All applications are due by September 25st, 2015.