The Centre for Public Legal Education just put together this resource for landlords and tenants who have been devastated by the floods in Alberta. You can go to the resource or click the picture below to read the info sheet, and you can click here to listen to an audio Q & A version. Thanks to Marc Affeld at CJSW 90.9 FM, Calgary’s Community Radio station, for developing the recording and making it available.
So many people in Alberta have been involved with the floods; please pass this information along to those who need it.
The resource answers common questions, like:
- What if the rental property has been damaged by a flood?
- Does the tenant have to keep paying the rent after a flood?
- Can the tenant move out because of the flood?
- Can the landlord use the security deposit to pay for damages?
- Who pays for stuff that is damaged?
- What if the tenant thinks the property isn’t safe or healthy to live in?
- Tips to help
- Where can tenants and landlords get more help?